Friday, May 18, 2012
Thrifty Finds 5-8-12 (Catch-Up Post)
$9.10 for everything you see in the photo and that was after the 30% mark-up for opening night.
- Engraved Pyrex 042-OR-642-B
- Pyrex 206 6" Pie plate
- Tiny 5" Pyrex pie plate marked 205-I, I think this is from the Pyrexette set
- Friendship 933 with basket (I think the basket belongs to Fireside Naturals)
- Cathrinholm stainless steel and black enamel tray
- 5 aluminum jello molds (they are holding up the various finds in the photo)
The engraved dish and the tiny pie plate from the Pyrexette set both have chips but I thought they were both so charming I couldn't leave them there. I hope I can find more engraved Pyrex in the future.
Here is a close-up of the engraving.
The Corelle Corner site has more about Engraved Pyrex on their 1931 Pyrex Catalog page here: http://www.corellecorner.com/magazine-ads/297-1931-booklet-pyrex-product-listing-prices-menus.html
The Friendship 933 baker is the first piece of this size I have found. It is also my first Friendship piece. It is in perfect condition and I can't wait to have an occasion to make a sheet cake for a party so that I can use it.