Friday, May 18, 2012

Thrifty Finds 5-8-12 (Catch-Up Post)

Thrifty Finds 5-8-12 by Neko-Cat
Thrifty Finds 5-8-12, a photo by Neko-Cat on Flickr.
The rummage sale I went to Tuesday 5-8 was very good to me!

$9.10 for everything you see in the photo and that was after the 30% mark-up for opening night.

- Engraved Pyrex 042-OR-642-B
- Pyrex 206 6" Pie plate
- Tiny 5" Pyrex pie plate marked 205-I, I think this is from the Pyrexette set
- Friendship 933 with basket (I think the basket belongs to Fireside Naturals)
- Cathrinholm stainless steel and black enamel tray
- 5 aluminum jello molds (they are holding up the various finds in the photo)

The engraved dish and the tiny pie plate from the Pyrexette set both have chips but I thought they were both so charming I couldn't leave them there. I hope I can find more engraved Pyrex in the future.

Here is a close-up of the engraving.
Engraving Detail

The Corelle Corner site has more about Engraved Pyrex on their 1931 Pyrex Catalog page here:  http://www.corellecorner.com/magazine-ads/297-1931-booklet-pyrex-product-listing-prices-menus.html

The Friendship 933 baker is the first piece of this size I have found.  It is also my first Friendship piece.  It is in perfect condition and I can't wait to have an occasion to make a sheet cake for a party so that I can use it.

No comments: