Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Fun

I didn't get a chance to do much thrifting this weekend, but I did pick up a few things.

First, I picked up this sweet little terracotta chicken at a church rummage sale for $0.30 on Friday after work.

Thrifty Find 4-27-12

On Saturday I was able to do a quick thrift store trip before my nephew's first communion.  I picked up another 471, complete with a lid for $2.99.  The pattern on this one is called Sandalwood and it is from 1960, I think.  It is in pretty pristine condition, which is great too!

Thrifty Find 4-28-12

Then on Sunday we stopped in at the local weekly antiques market. I usually don't find much there, or if I do the dealers want a ton of money for it. This time my hubby came with me and I told him he must have been my good luck charm because there were a bunch of new dealers and the prices were much better than normal. I found 2 more of the older primary bowls, they were still very shiny and at $7 they came home with me.


Thrifty Finds 4-29-12

Finally, I got a new shelving unit to store my Pyrex and other pieces on.  I was getting nervous with them on the cheap bookcases had them on.  I had visions of hearing a great crash in the middle of the night as a shelf or two let go and sent everything crashing to the concrete floor.  Now I feel much better and can sleep at night knowing everything won't be ruined by cheap storage.  This isn't everything, I have some pieces in my kitchen in use or on display.


New Shelving

I hope you had a good weekend and found some treasures. Happy thrifting!

No comments: